Having created a communication (general or unknown absence) you are now able to amend your message in the following ways:
- Add Recipients
- Remove recipients
- Change the view of your list
- Change the options of your message (Edit Communication Type, Revert Subject and Message)
- Change the body of your message
- Deactivate the message as it is no longer needed
Recipients can be added:
To add recipients Individually:
- Search and select Individual recipients using the Search Bar tool.
To add recipients collectively
- Click Add Multiple.
A new screen will appear.
- Enter relevant information into data entry fields.
Switch between searching for community members, students and staff members by clicking on the respective tabs in the top of the message bar.
- Click Search
If you wish for only some recipients in the search results to be sent the message, individually untick unwanted recipients.
- Once recipients are confirmed, click Select x People.
To remove recipients:
- Search the recipients name in the bar.
- Click the x beside their name.
To change the view of your list:
- Click View.
- Select Table View or Grid View from the drop-down.
Your Message Draft will appear as the message set in Configuration.
To Change the Options of your message
- Click Options.
- Select Edit Communication Details or Revert Subject and Message.
|Edit Communication Details||Changes communication type i.e. channel of communication through which the message will be received|
|Revert Subject and Message||Reverts the subject and message back to their defaults for communication type: Unknown Absence SMS (For this example)|
- Edit Accordingly.
- Click Save/Revert.
To change the body of your message
- Click inside the text box for the body of the message.
To deactivate the message as it is no longer needed
- Click Deactivate